NOTE: If you don't see a link to the book to the right below, you are using an ad-blocker!

EDITORIAL: Amazon's little review problem, and shameless self-promo

Amazon really does rank its reviews through their own algorithm, mostly on the number of upvotes.

About two weeks ago, I broke into the "top 1000" reviews barrier. I was like #983 or something for a week or so.

But I have a lot of books review backlog I haven't posted, so over the span of a week or so, I added about 30-40 reviews. I have another 100+ to go.

Then my "Top 1000 Reviewer" badge disappeared. To my dismay, I found out my reviewer ranking is now #1003. It was clear that my new reviews have "diluted" my ratio and caused my ranking to drop.


So if you are reading this, here's a little request:

Follow me on Amazon. My Amazon profile is here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/amzn1.account.AHNELC2DTIYZA4JO37YPWB7QT6SQ

Check out some of my reviews. If you think you agree with my review(s), give me a "helpful" vote. Obviously, you'll need to be an existing Amazon member. Yes, I really do have 1700+ reviews on Amazon. I don't spam. Most of them are verified purchases, and most of those that are not verified purchases are books obtained via Prime Lending and such.

And I promise NOT to send you ANYTHING, not just spam, but ANYTHING. (I can't control what Amazon sends you)

So why follow me on Amazon? My book reviews actually are posted on Amazon FIRST. The blog posts come almost a month later. Yes, I have a lot of catching up to do.

That's it, really. Get alerted to my latest reviews.

One of these days I'll have to mirror my reviews on Goodreads, but that's weeks if not months in the future.

Anyway, back to book reviews...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this review, please click through to Amazon and like my Amazon review as well. My reviews are actually posted on Amazon first!

Latest Update

GRR Reviews He Said Together by Ruth Cardello