NOTE: If you don't see a link to the book to the right below, you are using an ad-blocker!

GRR Reviews Lucky Star (The Love Story) by Rebecca Norinne


Lucky Star is a friends to lovers with Hollywood as a background, where career often interferes with life. Yet the conflict... I just don't feel much...

Cameron and Sarah were best friends... the platonic kind. Both went into film... He went into acting, but never scored any big roles. She went into production and became assistant to one of the power couple directors/producers in Hollywood. Cameron is Hollywood gorgeous, while Sarah... is a plus-sized beauty, though she didn't see herself that way. Now that Cameron has finally caught his big break, being named as the breakout star in the next blockbuster, Cameron is ready to take his relationship with Sarah to the next level. Unfortunately, the studio wanted him to do a showmance with his co-star to drum up more buzz, and Sarah, being assistant to the director, would NEVER put herself above his career... but is it really her decision?

Frankly, I just don't feel the conflict much here. If there were any conflict, it's more of a forced misunderstanding. I.e. "Why are you mad?" "I don't like the way you decided things for me." "But it's for your own good." "What gave you the right to decide for me? It's my life!" Yep, that sort of "butt-hurt" conflict. And in the end, it didn't even matter that much. And that's all I'll say about the ending.

Category: Contemporary

Primary Plot: Best platonic M/F friends, one in front and other behind the camera, finally caught their big break in Hollywood...

Overall Rating: 3/5

NOTE: Tropes are now in the "Labels" below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this review, please click through to Amazon and like my Amazon review as well. My reviews are actually posted on Amazon first!

Latest Update

GRR Reviews He Said Together by Ruth Cardello