NOTE: If you don't see a link to the book to the right below, you are using an ad-blocker!

Happy Thanksgiving, and a site update


First, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

According to the Blogger control panel, this post is the 1510th post on this blog. Discounting the various announcements and updates, that means there is definitely more than 1500 reviews posted on this blog! And that is a milestone indeed.

I also need to make an update to a previous announcement. About a month or so ago, Amazon, without any explanation, deleted all of my Amazon reviews. When I pressed them on a reason, they sent me a form letter that accused me of making "incentivized reviews" (i.e. someone paid me).

As a result, I have removed all links from this blog to my Amazon reviews.

A few weeks later, my reviews were restored, no explanation was ever offered. No apology, no acknowledgment, not even "sorry for the inconvenience while we investigated this matter."

After further consideration, I will not be linking to my Amazon reviews anymore. Furthermore, reviews will appear here. Selected reviews may appear over there, generally, only 4 or 5 star rated ones, but it'd be my choice, no theirs. After all, if I really post reviews as fast as I read them, they'll likely accuse me of spamming them again.

Also, since I read 1-4 books a day, finding time to search for common themes to group them on Twitter then here is becoming more of a time sink than I anticipated.

Instead, my goal is to clear my "to be posted" queue (and there are DOZENS of reviews to be posted), that I will be posting them at least 5 to 10 a day until they are cleared. THEN I will post reviews as I read them.

To save time, the "one-liner" summary will no longer be posted either. The main body already contains a summary, albeit, not quite as short.

So you will see a lot more reviews appearing on this blog. They will just not be themed.

Quite a lot more reviews, in fact.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this review, please click through to Amazon and like my Amazon review as well. My reviews are actually posted on Amazon first!

Latest Update

GRR Reviews He Said Together by Ruth Cardello