NOTE: If you don't see a link to the book to the right below, you are using an ad-blocker!

GRR Reviews Beloved (The Salvation Series Book 1) by Corinne Michaels


Beloved somehow just never connected with me. I wasn't sure if it's the diction, the plot, or the characters... Probably the characters, that never gained my sympathy. The cliffhanger ending didn't help. But let me recap...

Catherine had been left behind by her father, then by her fiancee of five years. She is not about to trust a man ever again... Until she ran into Jackson. She knew Jackson will wear her down, but in the end, he will leave her, just like all the other men did. But Jackson is so nice...

So basically, you have Catherine being a whiny woman preemptively playing hard-to-get bitch, while Jackson decided to play martyr with infinite patience and glutton for punishment. And there's a cliffhanger, so basically, he had a personality flip for book 2. That's just not doing it for me at all.

Category: Contemporary

Primary Plot: hurt girl can't love a guy, even if he's patient...

Tropes: betrayal, boy meets, girl, cliffhanger

Overall Rating:  2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this review, please click through to Amazon and like my Amazon review as well. My reviews are actually posted on Amazon first!

Latest Update

GRR Reviews He Said Together by Ruth Cardello